Thursday, January 12, 2006

Book Bag dillema..

Need to bring books to class. Mammoth books. Do I need them all, all of the time? Oh my god, I hope not!

Current book status:
18" in thickness of just required texts, piled high next the already-full bookcase in the living room
weight of books: (yes, I did this, just for you,) 58lbs.
Cost of books: priceless (or see below in first post)

Which would be better, the rollie-backpackie bag, the pilot's case (AKA catalog case) on wheels? Need to have something water-resistant in this FL weather. I do not want to spend more than $70 on something. Needs also have room for a few pens, note cards, files, etc. Obviously from the weight I am looking at, it needs to be durable. I also think it would be easier for it to open just from the top, next to the desk I am working at.

Too many decisions. Not enough time....

3 Comments:

Blogger HypnoKitten said...

Don't buy a rolling book bag until you actually learn that you'll need to bring all of those books to class! Most of the time our lectures served to further explain concepts read in the books (while at home) and trying to keep up and mark things in the books while taking good notes and really understanding what was being said was just too much. I bet in another week you'll be leaving them all home! :)

8:21 PM  
Blogger kimberly said...

Great Idea! I have discovered this myself in the past few weeks. Really, I have a PDA with a portable keyboard-download the powerpoint lectures for the day onto it and GO! But, there WAS a really nice bookbag in class next to me today...hmmmmm. I am a sucker for the Office-Depotey supplies and such....Kimberly

2:16 PM  
Blogger Wendy, R.N. said...

I can't live with out my Jansport Rolling Backpack. I had read on another site about getting the giant textbooks unbound and then having holes drilled in the pages to allow specific chapters to be put into binders.

However, that only works if your instructor goes in any sort of logical order. Unlike mine have.

W. :)

9:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home