Friday, February 24, 2006

Celebration



I have a little personal celebrating to do tonight.

My husband doesn't have cancer.

Since I really have no shared this blog with him yet (shame on me,) I will leave it at this. Some things shall stay personal.

We both love Bluegrass. We both love AKUS. For those who do not have an idea of what this is: This is a photo of AKUS. Allison Krauss and Union Station. The purest sound we believe in music today. Most of our favorite memories involve pureness: open fields of wildflowers on the Colorado trail, fresh water of Nantahala River Gorge. Tomatoes with Feta in North Carolina, sunsets over Cottonwood in Las Vegas, and surround sound in our theatre seats watching AKUS on DVD or something digital.

So, I sit here tonight, finishing a group teaching assignment on adolescent diabetes due Tuesday, popping in my AKUS /CMT Most Wanted Live I bought today, holding back tears of joy and drinking my beer. One of the rare times beer and studying combine, while my husband recuperates in the hospital from his biopsy.


2 Comments:

Blogger Nurse2B said...

Congratulations! That is wonderful news. Wishing you both well.

1:19 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Glad to hear that he doesn't have cancer. I love AKUS also.. I like the older country music, especially Patsy Cline..

8:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home