Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Where I Have Been

OB/GYN started for Summer B Class. I am not a baby person. I have held only a handful of infants, let alone newborns! I have seen one birth, and she was rushed to emergency surgery. I have seen 2 C-Sections. All 3 births occurred in clinicals, so none were family. So this is all new territory for me. I have no children, and we are thinking late in this game (I am 38) that we might adopt if we ever have children.....so....

I did my normal thing for me: that is when it is new territory, I procrastinate with the studying. You've got to drag me along awhile so I can get my feet under me. My OB clinicals begin next week.

Pharmacology is motoring along. We have a new instructor for the second half of the semester, so it is a matter of learning where her stress points are in her lectures as to what is on our final.

I cut my ties with Statistics yesterday: I received a "W", which is withdraw, and does not affect my GPA. It was too much, and was falling to the bottom of the studying pile. I will attempt it again maybe next Spring.

I am also now official 2nd VP of our SNA as well, which means weekly meetings and other projects.

This is where I have been....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home