Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Summer Semester Begins

So, we are off.

I have Psych in Summer A, OB/GYN Summer B, and Pharmacology and Statistics the entire Summer semester. I also am in the midst of attempting to get back into the gym and practice for my upcoming USBC National Bowling Championships in Reno June 14-15. Once again, too much on my plate.

Our Psych instructor is wonderful. "PI" as I will call her for confidentiality, has explained to us that she will feed us bite-size information packed with everything we need for exams. I love her! Clinicals are also over a 3-week period, that's it. I chose Psych in Summer A for this reason: get my feet on the ground and take a bit of a break. My friends are getting used to the response: "How are you?" Me: "Tired."

We lectured yesterday on the basics of Psych, with the emphasis on Schizophrenia and Bipolar disorders, its assessments and treatment/medications with their side effects. Thank you Mrs. "PI", she is not needing us to memorize dosages, routes. I guess she know this will come in Pharm and we will be crying enough there.

So, now I am off to schedule my day. I am now part time at work, only Sat& Sun (a great relief + one day.) Lots of reading to do. I also received my new subscriptions to Critical Care Nursing, AJN, and Nursing 2006....have to put them aside and get my nose into the textbooks now.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unemployed Nurse Jack said...

My summer is fast-approaching as well. Just as I finished all my items for compliance and breathed a sigh of relief, I'm already having to read the Nursing Practice Act for our state's licensing board and answer questions, as well as starting in on my Fundamentals book. All before class starts in two weeks. Within the next month, I have to review my dosage calculations materials and pass that test before clinicals start.

I feel like my clock is ticking waaaaay too fast around here. I imagine you do too. Good luck this summer!

9:18 AM  
Blogger Nurse2B said...

Good luck to you. My summer session starts in about two weeks. You sound like your off and running!

10:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home