Thursday, March 23, 2006

The hypochondriac in me...

I am up at 3:45 this morning.

I can't sleep, and here I am. I awoke thinking about how my rings barely fit and I need to lose weight. There are people that know me from 3 years ago that if they saw me wouldn't believe it WAS me. This has been my little secret now for about a year or two. Dark circles, roots that need lightening. All of me. Good thing I am hangin' with a new crowd that don't know the "old" me, they'd be all over this.
So, then it is about how to get healthy, how to start on the path again. This after a beer and 2 slice of pizza last night. Brush the dust off the sprout jars and the "Raw" book, this vegetarian is coming in!
On my quest to health, I am also facing up to my procrastination of the yearly exams. After doubling over in pain last month at work, no being able to stand, a friendly (woman) ER doc quizzed me on my last "girlie" exam.....well, over two years (GASP! among listeners.) She quizzes me for other symptoms, which I shall spare you---> possibly endometriosis. So, I am scheduled the week of April Fools (how appropriate.) Just returned from my yearly-put-off-for-2-year MRI on my left knee (osteochondroma.) It is fine. Same, golfball-sized benign tumor.
Then there are those things to which we, as nursing students, start to question as we make our way through theory: weight gain (hypothyroidism?), head pain (brain tumaah?), get the idea?
So, as I weed through the real and not-so-real, the morning hours pass....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home