Monday, July 24, 2006

Scholarship Update

See July 20 post below for the nuts & bolts to this story, but here's the update...

So, I got "The Call" today, and just as I expected....full scholarship w/strings. Up to $4000 per year for 2 years. Amazing. Got the contract in hand; faxed to me this afternoon. Now, I am still on the fence, so I can use some more opinions out there on this one. No news from any other scholarships yet. I think Hospital "A" kinda knows how to work the system and gets their paws into the game early to dangle that giant carrot on the possible recipients. My Big Meeting Day is tentatively scheduled for August 1. I am hoping for the ER of course. My ER, where I work. This would give me the chance to certainly get my feet wet. My DH and I have lots to talk about....

Oh, and I got an "90" on the first test of the next 2 weeks in OB..one test down, 4 to go....

3 Comments:

Blogger hoosier nurse said...

Is there any way to find out if they'll commit to ER before you accept the contract? Lots of other places offering the same thing. Are they going to give you a signing bonus when you graduate? Is $4000.00 per year enough? I don't think that would pay my tuition much less books and supplies. Are any of the other hospitals offering more money. You KNOW they'll offer you a scholarship if you pursue it.

9:00 PM  
Blogger kimberly said...

I go to Community College, so the tuition is actually less than this! Nope, no sign-on bonus with Hosp "A" in addition to their offer, they have made that clear. One school of thought is that if down the line another place really wanted me they could "buy out" my contract in order for me to work with them.

6:07 AM  
Blogger Wendy, R.N. said...

Awesome for you on the 90. Is that an A in your school? Still awesome job.

I don't qualify for any of the scholarships because I am in the part-time program where I go. Not that my schooling costs any less, mind you.

W. :)

10:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home